Healthy Young Families Program
The Healthy Young Families Program encourages healthy child development by providing service throughout Lanark County to families with children aged 0 - 6 years and pregnant women.
- Prenatal, well baby, child and adult care, including immunizations
- Nutrition Counselling
- Individual, Family and Couple Counselling
- Speech language services for children aged 0 – 5 years old
- Clinics located in Lanark, Carleton Place and Smiths Falls
- Community Presentations and Workshops
Current community programs:
Some of our past and possible future programs include:
- Children’s Environmental Health Workshop
- Healthy Eating in Kids Workshop
- Feeding Your Toddler
- Make Your Own Baby Food
We offer workshops in the community on topics such as Healthy Relationships, Making Your Own Baby Food and Children’s Environmental Health. These workshops can be given at your group, upon request.
We work together with other organizations and community groups on issues of concern to our community such as: poverty reduction, food security, healthy lifestyles for families and early childhood learning and development.
- Nurse Practitioner – Primary Health Care
- Registered Dietitian
- Social Work Counsellor, RSW
- Speech‐Language Pathologist